POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: Warp
Date: 19 Oct 2009 04:16:28
Message: <4adc205c@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> The *first* ship would have been unmanned in reality.

  Why? The first ship failing for a trivial reason was as possible as with
the second ship.

> And *if* the second unmanned ship failed, *then* they'd send a manned rescue
> and repair mission, which would make for a more beliavable premise.

  You don't "rescue and repair" a ship which eg. plummets into the Sun
without exploding because something critical failed a bit before.

  I honestly think you are now really stretching to try to find something
to complain (about a movie you haven't even seen). I'm failing to see your
ultimate motive. Is it to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing? What
is your ultimate goal?

--
                                                          - Warp